THANK YOU for showing interest in the NW Metro Atlanta Habitat Women Build!!
The Women Build will take place on nine build Saturdays & will include over 240 volunteers. As a Build Volunteer you will work alongside the Homebuyer and other Women volunteers to build a home from the ground up! It is an amazing feat, which brings with it an enormous amount of satisfaction, especially as you see the pure joy on the faces of the Family on Home Dedication Day. In addition to the opportunity to be an on-site volunteer, the volunteer will receive a ticket to the Kick-Off event to be hosted at Marie Barnes’ Home, the former First Lady of Georgia, and a 2018 Women Build t-shirt.
There are two ways to volunteer for a Build Day:
1. Individual Build Volunteers:
To participate in this Women’s build, Habitat is asking each individual to either donate or raise a minimum of $250. The donation can be sourced through a personal donation, personal fundraising efforts, and/or corporate matching. No building experience is necessary and you’re sure to make some great connections with other women on the build day(s).
Step 1: Your $250 Contribution You can donate or raise funds three different ways.
- To pay online for the complete amount, scroll down and click on the "Donate" button at the bottom of our donation page.
- To donate in full via check, please click here.
- You can set up a fundraising page and invite others to support you on your build day. To learn how, please click here.
Step 2: Pick a Work Day To indicate your preferences for your volunteer work day, please click here. This does not guarantee your slot.
Step 3: Register to Build After you have donated or raised your funds and received your registration code from our Volunteer Coordinator, you can sign up to build. Click here for instructions. Completing this step indicates that you have accepted our Liability/Medical Waiver and guarantees your work day.
If you have already created a fundraising page and you want to review your progress or thank the people who contributed, please click here to be redirected to the Women Build fundraising page. You can select your personal page from the list at the bottom.
2. Team Build Volunteers:
Build Teams are groups of women who want to fundraise together and build together. Each Build Team will be asked to raise a minimum of $250 for each desired build day volunteer spot (e.g., 5 build day spots = $1,250; 10 build day spots = $2,500). Not everyone on your team is required to build; they can donate their time in other ways or donate and/or help raise money for your team. A few possible group ideas: Co-Workers, Friends, Neighbors, Club Co-Members, Faith Groups, Sports Teams, etc. A small group could include 5-10 members, while a larger group could be 20-25 members.
- If you don’t have a group yet, and are thinking about starting one, please click here and we can give you more information and/or help you get started as a Build Team Leader right away!
- If you already know with which group you are participating, you can click here to donate and/or create your fundraising page. Your Build Team Leader will provide you with instructions and date options.