THANK YOU for your interest in the 2018 NW Metro Atlanta Habitat Women Build!!
The Women Build will take place on nine build Saturdays & will include over 240 volunteers. As a Build Volunteer you will work alongside the Homebuyer and other Women volunteers to build a home from the ground up! It is an amazing feat, which brings with it an enormous amount of satisfaction, especially as you see the pure joy on the faces of the Family on Home Dedication Day. In addition to the opportunity to be an on-site volunteer, the volunteer will receive a ticket to the Kickoff event to be hosted at Marie Barnes’ Home, the former First Lady of Georgia, and a 2018 Women Build t-shirt.
What You Need to Know:
- Kickoff Event: Thursday evening April 19, 2018
- Build Location: Chestnut Hill Drive, in the City of Marietta
- First Build Day: May 5, 2018. Build starts at 8:00am-3:00pm
- Build days: Start date of May 5th and completion date of July 7th. We will build on the Saturday of each weekend with the exception of Memorial Day weekend (total 9 Saturdays).
- Build Volunteers: 25 Volunteers needed for Build Days 1-8, 40 Volunteers needed on the final build day (7/7).
- Dedication: July 21,2018
- Donation Requirement: $250 per Build Volunteer (can be raised or directly donated).
Build with Us: Individual Builders or Build Day Teams
We need Individual Build volunteers. Each individual is required to either donate or raise a minimum of $250. If you do not wish to swing a hammer, you may donate any amount as a General Women Build Supporter or toward a Team or Individual participant.
Groups of Women that are interested in fundraising and/or building together can form a Build Day Team. A small team could include 5-10 members, while a larger team could be 20-25 members. Each Build Day Team will be asked to raise a minimum of $250 for each build day volunteer spot (e.g., 5 build day spots = $1,250; 10 build day spots = $2,500). Not everyone on your team is required to build; they can donate their time in other ways or donate and/or help raise money for your team. You can assemble teams from Co-Workers, Friends, Neighbors, Faith Groups, Sports Teams, etc.
Join the Women Build as an Individual Builder or form a Build Team with you friends or co-workers!
Other ways to get involved:
We need your support in many ways. As an individual you can offer your support financially or sign up to volunteer. Your business can join us as a Corporate Sponsor. We also need the donation of Goods and Services from your business to use as door prizes and awards.