NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity serves Cobb, Douglas and Paulding counties. To be considered for the Home Rehabilitation and Repair Program, you must be able to answer “Yes” to all of the following questions:
- Are you a a senior age 55 or older -OR- a disabled adult -OR- US veteran who has received a general or honorable discharge from service (any branch)? (Veterans will need to provide a copy of their DD-214)
- Do you live in Cobb, Douglas or Paulding County?
- Do you own your own home in Cobb, Douglas or Paulding County? Is that home your primary residence? (no rentals)
- Do you need a repair to your home within our scope of work? Our Repairs typically include the following four areas;
- Safe: steps, windows, doors, locks, lighting, electric, etc.
- Warm: furnace, weatherization, hot water heater, etc.
- Dry: roofing, siding, plumbing, etc.
- Accessible: ramps, ADA modifications, accessible kitchens/baths, etc.
- Are you willing to partner? Participants must be willing to commit to sweat equity requirements (between 5-20 hours). Accommodations can be made for participants who are unable to complete construction sweat equity due to physical ability. We believe people need a hand up, not a hand out, so your investment and participation are an important part of our program.
- Are you able to pay a portion of the costs? All projects are sponsored by local government grants or corporate, faith, and civic organizations to provide funds to make repairs. Participants may be responsible for paying some part of the total cost. When necessary we can provide a short term, no interest payment plan or a second mortgage.
- Does your yearly income fall within minimum and maximum limits below?
Income Guidelines - 2018
Source: U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development [HUD]
|Based Upon a Family Size Of||Income Before Taxes Not Less Than||Income Before Taxes Not More Than|
If you can answer "Yes" to all the questions above, please read through our qualification process and fill out our Home Rehabilitation and Repair Information Request Form or call our office, 770-432-7954 extension 104.