By the Numbers
What did we do in 2016?
- 27 homeowner families' lives were changed thanks to 71 sponsors and
- Volunteers gave 21,142 hours of their own time, which we estimate at $23.56/hour for a value to our community of $118,742.
- Those volunteer hours built 14 new homes, rehabbed 2, and repaired 11. (Those 11 were part of our new Veteran's Repair Program.)
- The 14 new homes will generate $3.6 million ($275k each) of local revenue in taxes, insurance premium and discretionary spending throughout the 25 years of their mortgage.
- 19 of our homeowners paid off their mortgage!
On one January morning, eight Gray Ghosts built 288 shutters that will be installed on our houses this year.
A House Built By YOU!
We need you!
This year's individual giving campaign is focused on raising $70,000 to build one
specific Habitat home.
We offer a recurring giving program that's convenient, easy to budget and can be set up online. Recurring donations are the best way to give steady suport to our mission to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter in Cobb, Douglas and Paulding counties!