Want to be a Crew Leader? We are seeking volunteer candidates who want to be a part of our mission of building strength, stability ans self-reliance through shelter. NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity partners with home sponsors and qualified families to build a Habitat home on a 9 week build schedule.
The volunteer role of a Crew Leader is a vital part of the Habitat construction process. A Crew Leader is responsible for leading a group of 4-6 on site volunteers in one or more elements of the build. Construction training is required and a Crew Leader must demonstrate the mastery of the building procedures and techniques of NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity.
Crew Leader responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that volunteers are properly trained and working in a manner consistent with the organizations approved standards of construction
- Maintaining the safety of the build site
- Ensuring that the volunteers are working in a safe, fun environment and enjoying their experience
- All build tasks scheduled for that build day are completed
A Crew Leader’s qualifications are:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be recommended by the construction committee and approved by the NW Metro Atlanta Habitat's construction department
A Crew Leader should:
- Be on site 45 minutes before the scheduled start of the build activities
- Teach volunteers proper methods and techniques
- Ensure safety equipment is always used properly
- Assist the House leader in whatever manner is requested
Click here if you would like to speak to one of our construction staff about becoming a Crew Leader. We will call within a week to discuss crew leadership opportunities.